- I am thankful for my savior Jesus Christ.
- I am thankful that he did not leave me in my previous unpleasant life.
- I am thankful for the Church, the body of Christ.
- The Church is my family and I love all of my brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- I am thankful for freedom, purchased for me by so many people I'll never meet, at a cost I can only imagine.
- I am thankful for my wife and family.
- I am thankful to be upright and breathing.
- I am thankful to be gainfully employed and able to provide a comfortable living for my family.
- I am thankful for the honor of being called to pastor a congregation.
- I am thankful that as I am learning to pastor "on the job", that my first congregation is not too large.
- I am thankful for the interesting roles I have been asked to fill in the kingdom.
- I am thankful for the favor that the Lord has given me in my city.
- And lastly, I'm thankful that I have no more than two readers of this blog, so when I get too busy to post for a month, nobody is demanding their money back!
(And even if you feel like you have no possible reasons to be happy, just be glad that you aren't a turkey!)