Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

  • I am thankful for my savior Jesus Christ.
  • I am thankful that he did not leave me in my previous unpleasant life.
  • I am thankful for the Church, the body of Christ.
  • The Church is my family and I love all of my brothers and sisters in the Lord.
  • I am thankful for freedom, purchased for me by so many people I'll never meet, at a cost I can only imagine.
  • I am thankful for my wife and family.
  • I am thankful to be upright and breathing.
  • I am thankful to be gainfully employed and able to provide a comfortable living for my family.
  • I am thankful for the honor of being called to pastor a congregation.
  • I am thankful that as I am learning to pastor "on the job", that my first congregation is not too large.
  • I am thankful for the interesting roles I have been asked to fill in the kingdom.
  • I am thankful for the favor that the Lord has given me in my city.
  • And lastly, I'm thankful that I have no more than two readers of this blog, so when I get too busy to post for a month, nobody is demanding their money back!

Happy Thanksgiving!
(And even if you feel like you have no possible reasons to be happy, just be glad that you aren't a turkey!)

1 comment:

Toaster 802 said...

Thank you Pastor, for your thoughts on this little blog. May you flock online and off grow and thrive!

God Bless!